The EXPLORER2 & EXPLORER3 with Polini THOR 80 is a paramotor model featuring remarkable sturdiness and power, considering its low weight.
This engine is 86 cc displacement, and has liquid refrigeration; its power is similar to any other higher cylinder capacity engines, so it is also suitable for pilots in a wider weight ratio.
As some regular features in modern engines: the THOR 80 start is very soft, has a very linear power delivery, low noise and low vibration. It is noteworthing also its liquid cooling system (with a small fan to cool the radiator) which makes possible keeping an optimum temperature in the engine even with intensive use. Gear box reduction and centrifugal clutch.
There are two versions for this engine:
– THOR 80 with Walbro carburetor
– THOR 80 with PWK carburetor
- Maximum thrust with 130 cm 2 blades carbon propeller – 65 kg
- Recommended pilot weight – 60 to 110 kg
- Complete Paramotor weight (Explorer2):
(manual, 1400 mm single ring-4 parts, 125 cm 2 blades propeller, 13 L)
– Stainless steel: 23.75 kg.
– Titanium: 21.75 kg. approx.
The EXPLORER2 & EXPLORER3 with Polini THOR 202 engine makes up a PPG model of high power and high accurate performance, suitable for pilots who require high thrust; an strong functional frame as the Explorer in any version, together to similar quality motorization as it is the new Polini engine.
The Thor 202 is an interesting engine that Polini develops based on their experience from Thor 200 and Thor 250, resulting a lighter weight engine respect the Thor 202 which counts with liquid refrigeration as advantage, plus 4 hp more power and less consumption, this is in conclusion a reliable and long life engine with high performance. Polini has also paid great attention to its aesthetics and aerodinamics.
Some singularities in the THOR 202 we outstand here are:
- Flash Starter, which guarantees an immediate and simplified start
- last generation cylinder providing an accurate performance and quick delivery power, more than 90 kg static thrust with 130 cm propeller
- new exhaust system, light, with perfect combination of expansion and gas flow; the silencer guarantees a stable progressive supply at all revolutions stages; fixing allows free mobility and damps all vibrations
- Dell’Orto Carburettor, VHST 28 MM: highly accurate carburation adjustment; soft performance, high precision / outlay of power, low fuel consumption (2.4 lt / h at 5000 rpm)
- helical teeth gear box reduction, centrifugal clutch
- and little else to say respect the optimal quality and design typical of Polini in the rest ofThor 202 components (crankshaft, liquid cooling system, reed valve ..)
SEE A VIDEO HERE
- Maximum thrust with 2 blades carbon propeller 130 cm – 90 kg
- Recommended pilot weight – 80 to 120 kg
- Complete paramotor weight:
(manual start, 1400mm single ring, 2 blades carbon prop-125 cm, 13 lts)
– Stainless steel: 31.00 kg – Titanium: 29.00 kg
The EXPLORER2 & EXPLORER3 with THOR 303 engine is one of the most powerful PPG configuration in our range, popularly known in the world of competition.
Polini has launched the THOR303 engine replacing its Thor 250 (popular in the competition world, likewise among heavy pilots and trike use). The new engine has some more power and displacement than its predecessor, featuring now 281 cc and 38 hp. We recommend the Thor 303 is suitable in foot launch for heavy pilots with much experience, but it is also highly recommended for trike use, whether for heavy pilots in single-seat use, and medium or light weights in tandem use.
Polini has completely redesigned cylinder, crankshaft, carburetor, air box, CDI and exhaust system to grant better performance and flight safety.
The consumption is only of 3 liters per hour at 4500 rpm , that corresponds to 30 kg of static thrust , medium range at level flight. This engine features also centrifugal clutch, and liquid refrigeration, which guaratees the long engine life even at very intensive use. Easy start, linear power delivery, and low vibration.
THOR303 is available in 3 versions:
-Thor 303 with Manual “Flash starter”
-Thor 303 with electric starter + Manual “Flash starter”
-Thor 303 Dual Spark
- Recomended pilot weight – heavy pilots in PPG single seat use- (ONLY recommended for EXPERIENCED pilots in foot launch and tandem use)
- Maximum thrust with 2 blades carbon propeller 150 cm – 112 kg
- Total recommended weight (Pilot & Passenger) – 90 to 190 kg